Listen here: http://www.blogtalkradio.com/mikeandlauriekehoe/2019/03/08/author-shirley-denton
- Tell us about yourself:
- Where do you live? Dayton Ohio
- How long have you lived there? 15 years
- Are you married? No
- Kids? One
- Full time job? Retired
- Education? High School
- Who is your favorite author and book? Stephen King, favorite book Revival.
- What is your preferred genre? Drama
- How did you start this journey to become a writer? I started writing in 1999. I was inspired to write by the encouragement my children gave me.
- What have you written so far? Mostly poetry books
- Tell us about your current book. I’m currently working on my first novel.
- What is the inspiration for your current book? Death and Life
- Who was your favorite character to write and why? Diana. It’s about a young girl’s journey through cancer.
- Is there anything of you in that character? Yes
- What sets your book apart? My new novel is about life and death.
- What’s your favorite part in the book? Her resurrection.
- What was the most difficult part to write? Diana’s death and suffering.
- What was your favorite book to write? Tears of Sorrow
- How do you write? Do you have a set time or place? How many hours a day? I like to write in a quiet place.
- Why did you want to be a writer? Writing was a place to escape.
- How do you get your ideas? Some are brought on by my life’s experience.
- What do you have planned next? Publish my first novel.
- What advice would you give new writers? Never give up your goals in writing.
- How can readers get in touch with you? Email email@example.com. Facebook and Amazon.
1 thought on “Meet Author and Poet Shirley Denton (with Podcast)”
Very nice Shirley
Comments are closed.