- Tell us about yourself:
Hello and thanks for having me. To begin, my name is Emanuel Andrei Cosutchi, friends call me Andrew. I was born in August ’77 therefore I chose my nickname ACE977. I do NOT use a pen name.
I live in the European Union, Romania – you know the country of Dracula and the World Tennis Associations number 1 ranked, Simona Halep.
2. Who is your favorite author and book?
My favorite Sci-Fi books are:
Roadside picnic by Arkadi & Boris Strugatsky
The Men in the Jungle by Norman Spinrad
Dune by Frank Herbert
My favorite Fantasy books are:
A Song of Ice and Fire by George R.R. Martin
Rune Swords by Clayton Emery and multiple authors
3. What is your preferred genre? Science fiction and Fantasy genre
4. How did you start this journey to become a writer? I started writing since August 2016, because I love the Sci-Fi and Fantasy genre and I wanted to share my stories with people.
5. What have you written so far? I finished the first three volumes of my space opera Starship “Apple of Discord”on November 11, 2017. Between the three they cover more than 1300 pages and 350k words.
I published on Amazon a novelette called The Restoration and I have finished in 2018 another science fiction novel, SS Vagabond.
Now I am waiting for an answer from several publishing houses from the US, UK, Canada and European Union. It will take a while and I am not sure that those publishers will agree to publish my books, since am a debutant author. So, if you know any literary agents or publishers send them my way.
6. Tell us about your current book. Now I started working on my first Fantasy novel. I will continue to write more volumes on Starship “Apple of Discord”, because this saga isn’t finished yet. However, I plan to write other Sci-Fi and Fantasy books.
7. What is the inspiration for your current book? I have chosen the sea world for my Fantasy novel.
8. Who was your favorite character to write and why? I don’t have a favorite character. I believe that a person is defined by the actions. The same applies to a book character. I tried to create realistic characters, regardless they are humans, aliens or from folklore (elves, dwarves, pirates etc.) Also my characters are evolving during the story and they are inviting the readers to care about them.
9. Is there anything of you in that character? No. I consider that if I would begin to borrow parts of my life to my characters, I will not achieve my goal of creating original Sci-Fi or Fantasy books.
10. What sets your book apart? I write real literature. I avoid clichés and blunders. I strive to create original stories and characters.
11. What’s your favorite part in the book? (read it) I enjoy reading a book only as a whole.
12. What was the most difficult part to write? I consider the opening is the most difficult part to write in a book.
13. What was your favorite book to write? The ending.
14. How do you write? Do you have a set time or place? How many hours a day? I write only when I have free time, inspiration and I am in a good shape. For example, I had flu in the beginning of 2019 and this prevented me from working on my first Fantasy novel.
15. Why did you want to be a writer? I wanted to share my stories with people.
16. How do you get your ideas? I get my ideas from science. Also I have an untamed imagination.
17. What do you have planned next? I plan to release several books this year.
18. What advice would you give new writers? Write, rewrite, publish, repeat
19. How can readers get in touch with you? My website (all my social media links are here):
My website (all my social media links are here):
Facebook (author page):
Facebook (page dedicated to my space opera Starship “Apple of Discord”):
The Restoration © 2018 Emanuel Andrei Cosutchi, All rights