Tell us about yourself:
- Where do you live? I’m a Jersey Girl! Although born and spending the first few years of my life in The Bronx (NY), I was raised in the beautiful Garden State (NJ). At this time I reside with my hubby, three kids, two dogs and two cats within a cemetery in the Northern part of New Jersey.
- How long have you lived there? We have lived at this residence for almost five years now.
- Are you married? Yes, I stalked my husband in a bar, (I knew him from High School). I picked him up and we had a mutual one night stand. Three years later he tracked me down and we have been married over 19 years to date.
- Kids? I have two beautiful, smart and athletic daughters and a handsome, smart as a whip son.
- Full time job? When am I not working? If it’s not working in my P/T Administrative position, I’m writing or taking care of the kids and household.
- Education? I graduated High School and furthered my Education through business courses at Berkeley College.
- Who is your favorite author and book? Oh, there are so many. But the top of my list is The Thoughtless Trilogy by S.C. Stephens, The Crossfire Series by Sylvia Day and The Macyn McIntyre Series by S.L. Stacker.
- What is your preferred genre? Romance
- How did you start this journey to become a writer? I was a huge Indie Author fan and use to write when I was younger. Casey Hagen (another favorite Author) encouraged me to try, so I did!
- What have you written so far? As of today 11/6 I have 10 books published.
Because I Can Because I Won’t Snow Kisses Déjà vu Living Falling for the Dare and The FYI < 3 Series: TTYL Paris, L8R London, WTF Venice & OMG Cabo
- Tell us about your current book. At the moment I’m on break, but The Because Trilogy will have Because I Do, Snow Kisses will have a follow-up called Sunshine Kisses, and Déjà vu will have Voodoo.
- What is the inspiration for your current book? I pull inspiration from friends, family and situations I see unfold before my own eyes.
- Who was your favorite character to write and why? I love Leann from Living, she by far has a heart of gold. But Danica from Falling for the Dare is Sassy and Feisty-I like that too!
- Is there anything of you in that character? Each of my female characters have a piece of me in them.
- What sets your book apart? The twist.
- What’s your favorite part in the book? The connection between characters.
- What was the most difficult part to write? Sometimes the sex scene’s can be hard. (LOL) You have to be in the mood for them.
- What was your favorite book to write? I enjoyed each book I’ve written, they all have a special part in my heart, and a piece of me.
- How do you write? Do you have a set time or place? How many hours a day? When the voices talk, anytime, any hour and for as long as I can.
- Why did you want to be a writer? I didn’t. LOL. The voices wanted to be heard, so I spoke for them.
- How do you get your ideas? From life.
- What do you have planned next? Sequels, series, you name it. I don’t plan on going anywhere.
- What advice would you give new writers? It’s a lot of work, but if you enjoy it-go for it!
- How can readers get in touch with you?
Newsletter to subscribe: http://eepurl.com/ddrBaz
5 thoughts on “Meet Romance Author Elaine Marie”
Hello would you mind stating which blog platform you’re using? I’m looking to start my own blog in the near future but I’m having a tough time selecting between BlogEngine/Wordpress/B2evolution and Drupal. The reason I ask is because your layout seems different then most blogs and I’m looking for something unique. P.S Sorry for getting off-topic but I had to ask!
I’m using wordpress. The template was one I modified.
What’s up, just wanted to tell you, I enjoyed this
article. It was funny. Keep on posting!
Having read this I believed it was rather informative.
I appreciate you taking the time and effort to put this content together.
I once again find myself personally spending way too much
time both reading and commenting. But so what, it was still worth
Its like you read my mind! You appear to know so much about this,
like you wrote the book in it or something. I think that you could do with some pics to drive the message home a
bit, but other than that, this is great blog. An excellent read.
I will certainly be back.
Comments are closed.